Price Drop: Yomiwa Japanese Dictionary (Reference)
Yomiwa Japanese Dictionary 4.8.0
Device: iOS Universal
Price: $5.99 -> Free, Version: 4.8.0 (iTunes)
Yomiwa is a dictionary, translator and optical recognizer designed to help you read, write and learn Japanese.
Yomiwa's powerful offline Optical Character Recognition (OCR) engine can recognize more than 4000 Japanese characters in your pictures or with your device camera. Yomiwa will help you read newspapers, books, menus, signs or your favorite mangas.
Yomiwa's dictionary is extensive, intuitive, fast, and delivers Japanese word details into more than 20 target languages. You can input words in any language, alphabet, or even by drawing.
Yomiwa helps you improve your Japanese with flashcards. Flashcards are a powerful and enjoyable way to learn new words. You can use flashcards to learn new words from the built-in lists or from your history. Then, based on your learning statistics, you will be shown everyday a deck of flashcards tailored for you.
Yomiwa features advanced Japanese text analysis. Paste or write some Japanese and the text analyser will break sentences into words, describe conjugate forms and display furiganas.
Unique social feature: whenever you have trouble with some Japanese, you can always ask a question or post a picture on the Yomiwa wall. Yomiwa's users, from beginner to advanced level, will come to help you.
• Detailed information about words (~ 200K entries) and kanjis (on-yomi, kun-yomi, meaning, stroke order, compounds etc.)
• Huge database of example sentences (> 250K) built from numerous sources
• Search definitions in any kind of alphabet: Kanjis / Hiraganas / Katakanas / Romajis.
• Bidirectional dictionary: you can search from both Japanese words or from foreign words
• Look up conjugated forms, even if they are incomplete
• Handwriting Recognition
• Intuitive Radical search
• More than 20 target languages available, such as English, French, German, Chinese, Spanish, Portuguese, Russian, Hungarian, Chinese, Dutch, Slovene, Swedish etc.
• For advanced learners and natives: an extensive Japanese-Japanese dictionary
• Build vocabulary lists of Japanese words, kanjis or sentences (which you can share as files or text in many ways)
• Browse the numerous pre-built kanji and word lists, order by JLPT levels, school grades and topics
• Listen to the Japanese pronunciation of words and example sentences through the "Speak" function
OPTICAL CHARACTER RECOGNITION (OCR):
• A powerful OCR engine which lets you recognize instantly Japanese characters in your pictures or from your camera
• Yomiwa can recognize more that 4000 Japanese characters
• Works for both horizontal and vertical Japanese text
• Translate whole Japanese sentences to English
STUDY WITH FLASHCARDS:
• You can learn words in a fun way with flashcards. Pick up any deck from the pre-built lists or from your own lists and history, then start learning them with flashcards
• Everyday, a new deck is built based on your learning statistics in order to optimise your memorising power
• Paste some text, or import it from the OCR modes, into the Text Analyzer to get definitions of each word in the text
• Furiganas are displayed automatically
• Listen to the Japanese text with the "Speak" function
OPEN SAFARI WEB PAGES:
• In Safari, tap the export button to open the web page in Yomiwa. All Japanese words will be added furiganas and you will be able to tap on each of them to have a popup definition
FURIGANAS SAFARI EXTENSION:
• Whenever you are browsing on a web page with some Japanese text, tap the "share" button at the bottom and select "Yomiwa Add Furiganas" to display all furiganas
AUTOMATIC WORD LISTS FROM THE NEWS:
• Keywords appearing in the daily news are displayed in the app everyday. You can open the source news article and add Furiganas in order to read it with ease
• Get help from the user community by asking questions and sharing pictures on the Yomiwa Wall
We are very responsive to your feed-back and suggestions: email@example.com
• You can now display lists as tiny flashcards
• Bug fixes and stability improvements
Yomiwa Japanese Dictionary