Printable Downloads & Boom Cards for Hispanic Heritage Month
This year seems like a it has a million days in it, but somehow Hispanic Heritage Month has still managed to sneak up on me! So I'm turning to printable downloads or online activities to use with my son.
This year, I've only had time to create one new resource, but it is great for distance learners. My Hispanic Heritage Month Reading Passages & Comprehension Boom Cards are easy to use while still rich in content. You can purchase them on TpT or directly from my shop in Boom Learning.
This is the latest one I've made and is only in English (Spanish is forthcoming when I get some time). But I have several others in both languages available.
Are you new to Boom Cards? If so, here are a few quick tips:
- Boom Cards are fast and easy. Similar to an interactive digital flash card, Boom Cards may be played on any touchscreen device, or PC w/a mouse.
- Completely digital, there is no printing, cutting, or laminating required.
- The cards are self-grading, so if the student gets one wrong, they know right away and can try again.
- Teachers may assign card sets to their students and track their progress.
- The historical figures are arranged by century starting with the 1400s to the present
- The historical figures are arranged by field of influence, including musicians, artists, activists, scientists, athletes, writers, journalists, actors, leaders & politicians, and other notable figures.
This bundle shows 4, but I have activity packs available for six countries: Mexico, Cuba, Puerto Rico, Spain, Peru, and Venezuela. More countries are on the way, so just check back. Each one introduces children to the country with a printable map for them to color in and fact page with facts numbered to match the images on the map.
- Ellen Ochoa
- Isabel Allende
- Dara Torres
- Frida Kahlo
- Linda Ronstadt
- Dolores Huerta
- Sonia Sotomayor
- Carolina Herrera
- Rita Moreno
- Sor Juana de la Cruz
- Celia Cruz
- Sammy Davis, Jr.
- Soledad O'Brien
- Roberto Clemente
- Martina Arroyo
- Arnaldo Tamayo Méndez